The Firearms Forum banner

22's worth keepin'...

59K views 123 replies 93 participants last post by  22LongRifle 
#1 ·
Ruger 10/22 lr...Ruger 10/22 Magnum...;)

See less See more
#5 ·
For me, every one of them I have are keepers. Marlin 39D, S&W M35, Berettah M87 Cheetah, and High Standard DM-101 derringer. Every one of them are delights to shoot, and they've all gone up in value, particularly the S&W. Don't you wish everything you bought appreciated? Besides, they're all really fun & cheap to shoot. 500rds of .22 ammo is about the same as 50rds for one of the centerfires.

#9 ·
All of mine are keepers also. I need to get in the safe and count'em. I think there are 11 or 12 of them and they are all keepers.

Mossbergs, Remingtons, JC Higgins and one Savage.

#11 · (Edited)
I now have an even dozen 22 rifles, all capable of LR. And purposely, none of them are what most people would consider collector items. Among them a J.C. Higgins 103.16, Marlin 60, Marlin 80, Ranger 101.16, Remington 510 Targetmaster, Romanian M69, Ruger 10-22, Springfield 53-B, Springfield 85, Western Field SD59A, Winchester 69A, and a Winchester 270. I'm trying to make it a baker's dozen by talking my sister out an H & R Leatherneck 165 that her ex-husband forgot about when he left her (along with 5 real nice hunting rifles, his tough luck).

Anyway, the favorite, by far, is the Remington 510 Targetmaster single-shot. The stock was broken (looks like someone tried to wrap it around a tree), but I glued it all back together, and voila, now it's as good as new. And now I'm right in the middle of refinishing it. I like the fact that you can tell it's been repaired, it adds a little character.

Update: My sister did indeed give me the H & R Leatherneck 165. There is something wrong with the windage adjustment on the Redfield peep sight, but hopefully it's an easy fix.

#15 · (Edited)
Well.....I'll add this one. It may not have been expensive when new? But it very accurate.:D
I have one of those Stevens 87s, but mine is a C.
Bought it like-new at a gun show so I could shoot CB caps.
I was amazed to learn it was made in 1947.

That thing is such a sweet shooter! It may be the most accurate .22 rifle I own, and certainly the most enjoyable to shoot. Hard to beat a smooth old bolt gun.

Here's the keepers:
NAA Black Widow
NAA Minimaster
10/22 stainless
Marlin 60
Stevens 87C
Ruger Single Six
Heritage SA cowboy revolver. cheap fun.
Henry H001
Ciener 1911 Conversion. Building a frame just for it.

I am currently selling off my non-keepers.
Probably will sell my S&W 22A-1, also a Beretta 101.

#16 ·
I think I'll keep these two......Ruger 10/22T on top, and Thompson Center R-55 Sporter below it......

Figure I'll hold onto this one as well....Browning Buckmark Camper, 5.5" barrel, Millett 2X20mm scope.....

Just put a scope on the T/C R-55...Tasco 3-9X32AO for now, but would like to get one of those Mueller APV scopes when I got the $$$

#20 ·
At one time the only .22 I would've parted with was a little Rohm revolver. I found this up under a trailer when I was runnin some new plumbing for a friend. Nasty, dirty little revolver. I cleaned it up and shot it a bunch of times - it's accurate out to about 10 feet or so:rolleyes:. I went a step further and stripped the whole deal down to bare metal and tried a browning solution. The frame turned out green, the cylinder and barrel turned out brown, and the grips were already black. Camouflage! Looked so good, I just have to keep it.

#22 ·
i like my single six .22 mag, and my Mk 3 .22/45, they are my go to .22s when i feel like plinkin...

#25 ·
At the moment the only .22 I have is a Savage MKII bolt gun. It has a Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20-50mm scope on it. I love the little gun. It will knock a flee off a squirrel at 100 yards.
Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.