The Firearms Forum banner

A new pair of pistols for me to blame my lousy shooting on!

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  gunnut1215 
#1 ·
Tool Starting pistol Hammer drill Revolver
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
I just received my matching pair of SAR ST10 pistols yesterday, and am already itching to try them out. They are both chambered in 9mm, and I paid less than $400 each shipped. Bud's guns took their own sweet time, but that just may be me getting antsy. An all metal frame and the low price suckered me in. I'll do up a proper range report ASAP. They look and feel like the H & K USP pistols, of which I have only one, due to the $1,200 price tag.

See less See more
#9 ·
"I guess I really liked The Shadow as a kid."

As good a reason as I have ever heard for buying something. ;)

I have two matching Ruger 22/45 pistols cased like dueling pistols,,,
For when I take a friend out to the range.

I make holsters and have been tempted to make myself a "Shadow" rig,,,
Just for showing off at the range.

I also have another pair of 4.5" Beretta NEOS pistols,,,
That was by accident though as I bought a separate pistol to use with my NEOS Carbine kit.

So with three pistols I have a 6" barrel and two 4.5" barrels,,,
Most of the time I leave the 4.5 "-ers on the guns,,,
And play with "duel-wielding" a little bit.

We are kindred spirits in a way my friend,,,
All of my other matching pairs are centerfire/rimfire mates.

Aarond

#12 ·
Love them both! They shot very nicely, no FTF or FTE's. The fit and finish is close to H & K's, and I was mainly firing fast to see if I could jam them up. I had one only when I limp-wristed a shot on purpose to see if it would still feed correctly, but I don't fault it for that. I will take them out to the range another day and see about accuracy. I must admit, the plastic cases are crap, they both broke on the inside from shipping. Sigh.

#13 ·
Glad you like them, Guts! They are very nice-looking pistols and I'm glad to hear they shoot as good as they look. Enjoy them and shoot them often.

#17 ·
Technology Electronic device Electronics Auto part Machine
Auto part Machine Wheel
Bought a new case for my newest set of twins yesterday. The interior of the gun cases that the pistols came with from the factory cracked and fell apart in shipping. It is an insert ( and not a sturdy one! ) that I wasn't too happy with, so I decided to buy this. Made in America, paid $35 at Dunham's, and I think it is too crowded with both guns so I will get another later today after voting.

Attachments

#19 ·
Nice case. I recently bought a XDM. When it arrived, the case was broke at the top pivot part of the latch. Called Springfield and they didn't even hesitate and are sending me a new one. I asked if it was possible to get the stickers on it for my gun (model and serial stuff) and they said they think they can. Great customer support.

#21 ·
See, now this is the problem with this forum and the people on it. Now that you showed these to me, I want one. I want at least one. I have wanted a USP since they first became available. These would do just nicely at a third of the price. I don't mind saving money. Now that I think about it, I could get one of these AND my Taurus PT-92 for under $800. I could then use the remaining $400 for reloading supplies. Oh, do you see the vicious circle I have become trapped in????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: Guts3d
#23 ·
Now that it is cold out, I can wear the pair in a double horizontal shoulder rig. They balance each other nicely, and if one carry pistol gives you a good feeling, then two is twice as nice!

Reactions: gunnut1215
#24 ·
Don't forget to put on the horizontal mag pouches as well. That might add quite a bit of weight, though. I know when I carried my PT-92 in a horizontal shoulder rig, the double mag pouch was a good counter-weight for the pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.