beauties

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by UncleFudd, Jan 7, 2017.

1. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Phoenix, Az
    [​IMG]

Top is Python 8" with factory 2x Leopold mid. is 8" Python 38 Target and bot. is 8" Anaconda 44 Mag
    I didn't know they made the Python in 38 spell til I got this one

UF

dbcooper, Broot, Big Mak and 2 others like this.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Here at TFF

3. UncleFudd

Mar 23, 2008
    Phoenix, Az
    I don't know how to confirm but have been told the leupold scopes were installed at the custom shop while the Pythons were coming from there and only about 400 were issued.
    Also told the 38 spcl was only made in 57 and 58 and about 1100 to 1200 ever made.
    Anyone have any info on such.
    Thanks

UF

dbcooper likes this.
  4. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Washington State
    Wow!!!

dbcooper likes this.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2007
    NW Florida
    The Python Hunter came from the factory with the Leupold scope installed, in a hard case (like a mini-briefcase). The barrrel should say Python Hunter. None I've seen have the scope mounted that far back.

https://www.google.com/search?q=col...ved=0ahUKEwj0_rfH6LLRAhWC7yYKHXn3AjYQ_AUICigD

The Python Target was a 38 Special. My memory has them from late 70s/early 80s, not the 50s.

There's one on Guns America for sale, NIB. He says his was made in 1980, and there were just under 3500 made.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/9395271...-RIBBED-BARREL-WOOD-GRAINED-BOX-AND-PAPER.htm

Big Mak likes this.
  6. UncleFudd

Mar 23, 2008
    Phoenix, Az
    Thanks a bunch Alpo I don't have the guns here with me. Been in for cancer treatments but when I get home will look. I don't think mine has ribbed barrel but will look to see and get back to the post.
    They are extremely accurate and fun to shoot regardless.

UF

Big Mak likes this.