The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
I've got a Sig C3 which is a 4.2" barrel with a 5.7" sight radius. Aluminum alloy frame with a stainless slide. If I could change something about it I would really rather have a little more weight. All steel would help. Fairly sharp recoil. I retro fitted back to the original 1911 series trigger. Adjustable take-up and a fairly short reset with a very smooth easy trigger pull. Sometimes a little too easy. If I'm not paying attention and relax too much the recoil can cause a double fire. Embarrassing even though everyone around me thinks I did it on purpose. If I pay attention and don't allow myself to get relaxed or too tired it's by far the most accurate and fun to shoot gun I own. Very consistent groups and it pretty much always hits exactly where I aim it. I intended to carry it and may still do so in the winter but at least for the summer I carry a Walther 9mm. I love it never would never trade, but the next 1911 I buy will be full size and all steel.
Gun Product Brown Firearm Trigger

"The Officers is out."

Grip size, or some other reason?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Okay, I've decided. I was originally looking at the RIA government model with the novak style sights. I've changed my mind and I am going to place an order for a Citadel 1911 full size. It also comes with the novak style sights but it comes with 2 mags and it's a little less expensive and they're both made by the same company.

I'll take 2 of each! :D

Discussion starter · #38 ·
No there isn't, unless you're a Colt purist. :) It's a religion mind you...
If it's a Colt that I must have to join the ranks of 1911 owners, Buds Gun Shop has several. I'll be more than happy to let you call them and have them ship one to Allens Guns and Leather under my name. I'll be happy to cover the transfer fees. I'm sorry, I'm not an engineer, I chose a path in life to keep people from being naked, hungry and homeless. I may not have the best of everything, but I'm happy with what I have and what a humble truckdrivers salary has provided me with.

I was all "Combat Commander" for many years and I still prefer the CC over the full-size, which is front-heavy, and the Officer's, which has a too-small grip which gouges the surgery scar on my rt palm. The CC was just fine until I got hold of a Glock 21... Mind you I havent sold my other .45s, but mostly they remain safely in my safe... also the Glock came with strong glowing night sights.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.