The Firearms Forum banner

Fusion Firearms: High Quality or not so much ?

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  roofer4life86 
#1 ·
So a couple years ago I decided I was gona build me a super high quality 1911 Govt. I spent weeks and weeks staring at countless books, websites, and magazines trying to decide what brand/brands to build and I finally made up my mind and decided that Fusion Firearms had everything I wanted to build the pistol I had in mind. Sadly though 2yrs later the incredible .45 I started building from the ground up is no where even near complete due to lack of time, having a million other projects to work on and oh yea, building custom 1911s tend to be crazy crazy expensive. So i decided to sell all the brand new parts I had bought because if I'm gona build one I'm gona do it rite which I found out real quick takes alot of serious work, time, and money all of which I just don't have at this point in my life. I have a real nice Remington Rand that will keep me happy till I decide I'm ready build again anyways. I've listed all my parts in the classifieds several times over the last year or so as a package deal cuz I don't want to sell everything individually and I put a super low price them, less than half the money I got in them but I'm not getting many bites and am starting to wonder if I somehow missed something when deciding where to buy my stuff from. Fusion as far as I'm concerned puts out super high quality stuff and pretty much everything I got is the best that they make. I figured when I listed everything all together for the mere price of 400$ that someone would snatch up everything real quick like. I'm talking bout a pro series forged carbon steel slide with top and side serrations on front and back, stainless match grade barrel, stainless beaver tail grip safety, stainless lightweight skeletonized hammer, stainless match barrel bushing, stainless recoil cap, full stainless pin set, stainless disengager which I installed with a stainless firing pin stop plate and a Wilson Combat ultra lightweight titanium firing pin, Kimber aluminum two hole trigger and a complete Kimber spring set. Receipts for everything too. Maybe people don't want to buy parts for a firearm that a stranger did some of the work on already ? I could understand that I guess. Or do people have a bad opinion of Fusion ? Which doesn't seem likely to me but I'm not sure cuz I've never really had people to talk to about guns and what not. At least no one that really knows there stuff anyway. Or maybe the market is just so flooded with custom 1911 stuff that it's making finding a buyer for group of parts like mine difficult. Or maybe I'm just a crazy nut lol. Any opinions or input would be much appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Where are you located? If you are the roofer4life in Oregon, try listing it on the local forum.
Nothing wrong with fusion parts. Lots of reasons why your pile-o-parts might be a slow
sell.
Have you fit the slide and barrel? That's not a plus---nobody knows the level of
your workmanaship. They might just feel they are buying trouble.
Your dream pile-o-parts may not be someone else's dream pile-o-parts. If they
figure they will have to replace half of it that might drive them away.
Maybe you just haven't found the right person? Kind of like selling a house/car,
you get a lot of lookers and low-ballers, until that ONE person comes along
that thinks it's a screamin' deal.

#3 ·
Yea I definitely get why people may not want to buy firearms or parts of them that have been worked by some random person and I too would be hard pressed to buy not knowing if the work is legit. I think that's probably why all the responses I have got are from people that sound like they may not quite know what they are getting into and the more experienced knowlegable people figure it may not be worth the risk of something going wrong with the item and hurting killing someone. The barrel is a drop-in but I could see how the installed firing pin could scare people off. I've decided shortly after making this post that I'm gona keep everything after all though. I really hated the idea letting it all go and for the most part only tried selling because I needed the money. Plus I just sold a H&R model 176 10GA magnum about an hour ago and made me a little bit of money so deleting that ad for my 1911 parts was an easy decision to make and if things manage work out in the future I'll be completing my pistol. I did not realize when buying everything how much time and effort goes into turning that box of parts into the precision machine I want in the end. I know my guns pretty well and I've shot many and worked on them when they break too but that's nothing compared to making freshly machined metal pieces fit together and move smoothly as they are supposed to. For as little as I have got done, it took many hours sitting at the table with a file in my hand. Anyways though I feel alot better about going with Fusion stuff and I got fresh kick in the tail now to get my gun built. Thanks for your input. Oh and I'm not roofer4life from Oregon. I'm the in Ames Iowa lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.