Grips for Spanish Star BM9

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by whymememe, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Oct 29, 2011
    FEMA Region IV
    Are grips on the Colt Officers 1911 and the Spanish Star BM9 interchangable. My BM9 has the black checkered ones and they have a couple of chips in them. I would like to find some dark brown or red ones. I would apprieciate any help.

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Check with Numrich Gun Parts Corp. Under Star BM 9MM they list wood checkerd. 32$ and change. Which is about as cheap as you are going to find for a out of production gun. Sorry about that.

3. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Oct 29, 2011
    FEMA Region IV
    Thanks, RJay, I ordered the brown plastic checkered ones. They were the exact ones I wanted.

4. deingy

deingy New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    StarBM.JPG As the 1911 grips won't fit there is a 1911 part that can be trimmed and used to enhance the Star grips. This is my BM I've had since 91 to which I added the 1911 rubber finger grip that wraps around and goes under the standard grips. A little trimming and you have a much better feel and looks great. Under $15.

Big Mak likes this.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    I hope he has found his grips in the past 4 years since this thread was started, plus he was banned shortly after he posted this!

jedwil likes this.