The Firearms Forum banner

Has anyone used one of these

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Taildrag15X 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, well I just had to sneak a peek of my xmass presey, and just a luck would have it half of the parts are missing. The story of my lifle. Anyway I took the leadslead back to Cabellas and with out a recite I exchanged it for one of these.
Please note that there wasn't much choce in what they had. So I figure this will do untill I can get something better.
What do you think and has anyone used one of these? Also what you can't see in the pic is it has two built in liquid levels for setup.

Note ..not my rifle ,

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
grcsat

It's a matter of pesonal preference; but from the pic I wouldn't like it.

Too high up from the bench; the rifle would be prone to wobble.

If you are shooting anything that has a decent recoil; you will have to reajust all over for the next shot. It also appears that it may be easily "bumped" out of allignment; when you rack up the next shot.

The idea of benchrest shooting is absolute consistancy with each and every shot; you want to eliminate as many variables as you can; and your "rest" plays a major part.

The military version of "benchrest" shooting is prone; using only a bipod (adjustable for height) for a "rest", to make a point.

Like I said; it's all a matter of personal preference!

#3 ·
These are OK for sighting in with 3 shots at 50-100 yds., but NOT LEGAL for most Benchrest Competitions. If you would of bought the Caldwell BR Rock Front Rest and a GOOD Rear bag (notice I didn't say SAND) you would of been futher ahead if it's a rest you want.

The BEST option is a 6"-9" or 9"-13" Harris swivel Bi-Pod with a set of Pod Paws (for Bench) or Pod claws (for Field), throw on a pod lock system from www.t-nuts.com and you'd be set to shot anywhere, anytime without extra stuff to drag around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.