It's Time for McCain and Graham To GO!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by sck, Jan 12, 2017.

1. sck

sck Well-Known Member

Why do the good people of Arizona and South Carolina continue to tolerate John McCain and Lindsey Graham? Their behavior has always been questionable, but in the last few weeks it has grown from annoying, to funny to pathetic. The recent revelation that McCain tried to smear the President-elect with a fake report about links to Russia is intolerable and boarders on treason. But then that is nothing new for Senator McCain.
    I have never written a political letter in my life… until now. I just finished writing not only Senator McCain and Senator Graham demanding that they resign, but I have also written to the head of the Republican Party in each state, the tourism department in each state and Governor Douglas Ducey of Arizona and Governor Nikki Haley of South Carolina. I pointedly explained my disgust with the behavior of McCain and Graham and how their behavior was hurting their respective states and our nation. I then added that I will not spend any money supporting any individual or business in either state until McCain and Graham are removed from office.
    Now, I realize that's not big deal for a single person, but if thousands of people were to do the same thing, maybe that would get someone's attention.

Conman, sharps4590, north tex and 8 others like this.
  2. drec

drec Well-Known Member

I understand. There are a number of politicians that I'd like to see gone. We have a couple of senators in the state of Washington that seem to put their priority in getting the Washington Redskins to change their name. WTF.

3. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nobody has run against Graham the last election, I don't know what happened the election before that... I did not vote for him. I left the choice blank. Did not do any good at all, other than I know I did not vote for the weenie head.
    I am on first name basis with Lindsey, I write him so often. He does not vote the way the electorate wants, I too, am baffled he is re-elected...

4. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I've felt the same way about McCain and Graham for a long time. They might just as well make it official and declare themselves Democrats. I'm starting to have some serious doubts about Marco Rubio. I used to be a major supporter of his - no longer.

carver, jonb32248, Kweeksdraw and 6 others like this.
  5. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

McCain and Graham have long outlived their usefulness, for that matter ALL of the Senators have. They have ALL let the power that they've usurped go to their collective heads, they are all legends in their own minds. The comfirmation hearings are showing the true worth and usefulness of these blathering fools. I expect nothing worthwhile from McCain and Graham, and so far they haven't failed to deliver that. Now it looks like Rubio has joined their ranks, just like you said.

6. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

According to Got News, these two already got with Trump to take down
    His first choice for Sec. State. If they both vote against Trump, the republicans no longer have a majority. So I agree, they really needto go.

The_Rifleman, carver and Kweeksdraw like this.
  7. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

My bad, it was his first choice for DHS, Kris Kobach, they blocked him over amnesty.

8. Yosemite

Yosemite Well-Known Member

George Soros doesn't only finance left -wing Democrats, he also finances RINO's . He gives $ to both McCain and Graham, in order to disrupt the Republican party. Pence can be the tie breaker vote if both those turncoats vote with the Democrats.

jbmid1, jim brady and carver like this.
  9. jonb32248

jonb32248 Member

Rubio is only looking to 2020 when he can challenge Trump. He's an embarrassment to the right and I too was once a semi supporter of him but after his questioning of Tillerson the other day was the end for me. Rubio joins the class of Graham and McCain, dead.

10. Twicepop

I just read that it was John McCain that turned over all the anti-Trump information to the FBI.

jbmid1, SilasW and carver like this.
  11. Designer

Designer Well-Known Member

The Republican Party almost lost me completely when they nominated McCain for POTUS. I'm already part Libertarian.

Twicepop and carver like this.
  12. Twicepop

Me as well, I classify myself as a Republitarian. I vote Republican and register as such so I can vote on more than just local issues at election time. I seldom ever vote for any Democrat, the last was when Ted Strickland ran for Governor here in NOhio. I really wanted Ken Blackwell (R) for Governor, but I felt the Republicans needed to be taught a lesson for Bob Taft, so Strickland got my vote. It turned out to be a positive move, Strickland gave us Concealed Carry, where Taft before him waffled on the subject and then later refused to sign it into effect.

jim brady likes this.
  13. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

I also believe it's time for them to retire. I'm also no longer a Republican but I can't go all the way Libertarian. I much prefer the sobriquet of "Constitutional Conservative".

14. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Same here. I have voted for the Democrats in the past (at least once) like when I voted for Bill Clinton THE FIRST TIME. I was so disgusted with GHW Bush because of his 'wishy-washy' Presidency and his total screw-up of the 1st Iraq War (lost his nerve and let Saddam off the hook) - and also that I bought in to Clinton's BS - I actually believed him AT FIRST. (I have since learned my lesson and that was about the LAST TIME I made THAT mistake.)

Mental note to self: "The sure way to tell if a Democrat or RINO is lying - His Lips Move".

One Democrat I always did like was Dick Gephardt from Missouri - but he was too 'conservative' for the Democrats and eventually was forced out and retired. Of course I liked JFK, but that was another era in history. Gephardt and JFK were much more Conservative than Graham and McCain.

15. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's long past time for them to go. One is riding on his POW status and the other on his fathers name.