The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
That's the guy. Now just gotta go rob a bank so I can afford it.
I'm a dbl stack man myself, I bought a kimber BP ten ii on the left used for 399.00. It's a poly lower dbl stack. Very accurate. The fnx-tac 45 was much much more(right) Both are great and u don't have to rob the bank for the BP ten ii
Gun Wood Brown Yellow Firearm

I
A friend of mine has a Norinco that I tightened up the frame to slide fit and with in 100 rounds it shot its self loose again. Also all the dimensions are in metric. Norinco use non certified recycled steel. If it was a Polytech maybe. The barrel link hole in the frame is so low that to get the barrel to lock up properly I had to add a longer link. Now the firing pin hits the primer .010" low. With out adding a longer link the gun was unlocking before the bullet left the barrel.

I would rather buy from an American manufacture. China gets to much of my money all ready.
I hear way to many bad things about "Norinco" so I stay away from Chinese made guns in general. I rather buy and support most firearms that are made here in America.

I'm a dbl stack man myself, I bought a kimber BP ten ii on the left used for 399.00. It's a poly lower dbl stack. Very accurate. The fnx-tac 45 was much much more(right) Both are great and u don't have to rob the bank for the BP ten ii View attachment 114166
Love the fnx .45! Would love to get my hands on one to shoot at the range. How do you like the handling on it?

Reactions: dbcooper
Love the fnx .45! Would love to get my hands on one to shoot at the range. How do you like the handling on it?
It's a great gun! I don't have many rounds through it given I'm more of a rifle guy but it shoots great, and accurate. I've wanted one for many years. I looked at the comparable HK model but hated the trigger in it. I was close though in buying another FN 5.7..... I miss that gun but this one is just as solid!

It's a great gun! I don't have many rounds through it given I'm more of a rifle guy but it shoots great, and accurate. I've wanted one for many years. I looked at the comparable HK model but hated the trigger in it. I was close though in buying another FN 5.7..... I miss that gun but this one is just as solid!
Thats great to hear! have you consider of mounting a Trijicon RMR and/or Osprey Suppressor to that FNX? I've seen a lot of videos of people using that set up and I think it looks sexy! Also love the FN 5.7!

Ever since I got my silencer, I wish I had my 5.7 back! I bet it would be fun shooting it silenced!

EDIT: I actually do have a Thompson Contender barrel in 5.7 that I had threaded. It has a 14 inch barrel so it is not so quiet through the silencer!!

Thats great to hear! have you consider of mounting a Trijicon RMR and/or Osprey Suppressor to that FNX? I've seen a lot of videos of people using that set up and I think it looks sexy! Also love the FN 5.7!
I have just haven't mounted it yet. Too many rifle projects that I've been dumping money into

Ever since I got my silencer, I wish I had my 5.7 back! I bet it would be fun shooting it silenced!

EDIT: I actually do have a Thompson Contender barrel in 5.7 that I had threaded. It has a 14 inch barrel so it is not so quiet through the silencer!!
Wish I had mine too, could shoot phenomenal groups with that! But sold for 2500 used during all the gun ban talk years ago.

Norinco may be cheap in price. But that's about all.
Years ago a customer brought in a Norinco in to my shop and asked for some custom work.
Being a big Colt fan and a solid fan of " if it ain't built in North America , it ain't worth working on" I told him I would not work on a Norinco because they are junk and if he wanted me to work on it he would have to prove me wrong.
Well he brought me a metallurgy report (that I verified to make sure it was real) on the Norinco 1911 and it surpassed the quality of the average WW2 Colt 1911-A1.
With fewer and fewer old Colts around , I now refuse to modify an old Colt.
And will only work on Norinco 1911s because they can be had up here for $350 NIB. Canadian dollars or about $250 US.
Another Canadian!
I had a distributor tell me this past week that CZ dealers buy their guns to supply parts to their CZ customers; because CZ provides very poor support to them and their warranty centers.

Norinco, on the other hand, has been great the few times I needed something; a rifle issue was exchanged over the counter, and a poorly made sight was dropped in the mail the same day I called them about the defective one. No complaints here.

Norinco pistols have always been desired by the big guys for custom pistols, there has not to my knowledge been a time when their steel was soft. As for Essex, which I do not believe is still in production after their last move, I have built at least twenty pistols on their frames with great success. The very early frames (40 years ago?) had to be carefully fitted but those made later the parts dropped in and only the rails required fitting. Many thousands of rounds have gone through Essex 1911’s that I built not counting my Essex/ Ace .22 LR combination.

Norinco pistols have always been desired by the big guys for custom pistols, there has not to my knowledge been a time when their steel was soft. As for Essex, which I do not believe is still in production after their last move, I have built at least twenty pistols on their frames with great success. The very early frames (40 years ago?) had to be carefully fitted but those made later the parts dropped in and only the rails required fitting. Many thousands of rounds have gone through Essex 1911's that I built not counting my Essex/ Ace .22 LR combination.
Fit and finish on the new ones is quite nice. I had the tip of the ejector break off on my NZ85B today; the distributor will send me a new on, but in the mean time I reworked it and it is functional again, but it too was very hard... super-hard needle and diamond files barely cut the steel but I got it done!
Line Black Grey Composite material Wire

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.