Kasich done something right for us Ohioans that carry.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by firefighter1635, Jan 2, 2017.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Kasich signed senate bill 199 into law. This will allow me to carry my firearm to work, but I have to leave it in my locked vehicle. I bet the owner of the company I work for will have a holy cow over this, as she has expressed clearly over the years there will be NO guns on this property. Well honey, I'll have my firearm in my vehicle from now on. After the law comes into effect that is.

There's many other nice features of the bill as well. All Ohioans that carry and those traveling to Ohio that carry, should read.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/gov-kasich-signs-sb-199-law

Actual verbage of the law here
    http://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/solarapi/v1/general_assembly_131/bills/sb199/PH/04?format=pdf

Daffyd, Kweeksdraw, dbcooper and 2 others like this.
  2. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Of course you COULD always ask the mugger or hoodlum to wait until you unlock your trunk. The other option would be to call your lady boss and have her reason with them. I'm sorry, but I haven't been very impressed with Politicians from Ohio for quite a long while. I know your State has better than what we've seen. I'm not much impressed by what I've seen from my adopted home State (Colorado) either.

firefighter1635 likes this.

3. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I agree, but we'll take what we can get. There's already rumors of lawsuits from business owners for violating their property rights. I can see both sides of the coin here. They have the right to do and say what goes with their property. On the other hand, no one has the right to deny me the right to protect myself.

This is more about being able to be armed to and from work than it is being armed at work. Obviously it'll be locked in my console, not really going to do any good there, but it could do me good to and fro.

Daffyd, howlnmad and dbcooper like this.