The Firearms Forum banner

My new baby .. Metro Arms Corp American Classic II 1911

9K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  gunnut1215 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you guys called it after I bought my first 1911 Ruger about 6 months ago.
Here I am again, with my 2nd 1911:D

I have been eyeing a full size 1911 in 9mm. I just thought it would he a helluva range gun. Fun to shoot, low recoil and accurate being SA

I have been looking at something in the price range of a Rock Island or similar gun for a few weeks now. I found this at my LGS but it was stainless and had alot of nice features I liked but out of my budget.
I compared it to a Kimber, but the Kimbers factory sights were just flat black, front and back, no dots:( and it was about $300 more

I went back to the store that had this gun and ask if he could work with the price since I wasn't looking for a stainless and he would have to order an Armsco gun special to get the sights I wanted.

He worked with me and I bought it for $550

I just cannot describe how well the gun is built. While I am somewhat of a 1911 novice, I know how to spot good craftsmanship

The gun has a rock solid slide to frame fit. It has a consistant 4.75 pound trigger pull that is fairly crisp with very little creep. Breaking it down , I did find the barrel bushing to be a little tight, but I can live with that given how accurate it seems to be. I found no tool marks left on the finish inside the frame. They seem to have their struff together for sure.
Today I took it out and ran a few magazines through of just plinking ammo
147 gr ball standard load. I found that it does shoot about 2 inches low at 30 feet with this ammo but is very stable laterally

Once I figured that out it was banging the steel plates at 75 feet with no problem

From a rest I was able to get really nice groups. The gun had a little more recoil that I thought it might, but I will also run some lighter loaded 124 grain through it this weekend and compare

I had not heard about Metro Arms Corp. They are a competitor to Armscor and a major manufacturer located in the Phiilipines
They have been importing 1911s into the US for several years now. The model I have is the American Classic II in 9mm, stainless
The hard wood grips are beautiful and feel great in the hand. Standard 5 inch barrel, and Novak type rear sites stand tall and complement that gun and points very naturually. The grip safety has a nice speed bump on it which was just a bonus to me as well as the extended thumb safety

There are alot of features built into this gun. I know its an import and some people might look down on it.
Look, there is nothing wrong with Kimbers and Colts, I just didn't have the budget to get one and this little experiment is just for a range shooter, not a SD gun. I am quite pleased with the gun so far. The one drawback is that for that price, you only get one magazine, so while at the store I bought a Wilson Combat, which I shot in the gun tonight and it is pictured below

I hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed shooting this gun this evening!

Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun

View attachment 106137
Vehicle

Vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior Auto part Car

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft
Electronics Shooting sport
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

Toy Fictional character Action figure

See less See more
#12 ·
That is one good looking pistol DB! With good quality ammo, I would not hesitate to carry it for SD. Once you've shot it enough to be sure it works when needed!

#15 ·
Gotta ask, how many rounds does the mag hold?

#18 ·
#19 ·
#24 ·
Both problems can be fixed at little cost. You need to take it to a qualified gun smith. I've seen these kind of problems fixed for as little as $50.

#25 ·
You shouldn't have any problems with that metro arms 1911 DB. I have the Amigo model (commander) with around 1500 rounds down the pipe and it's never hiccuped once. Great purchase, enjoy. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.