The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Shoot, buy the Taurus now and save a while and then buy the Ruger later. I have both and I can't tell which one is better, they both shoot good and they both look good.

I also have a Colt, an RIA, a Citadel, and a Sig - they all shoot good and all look good but I have to say the Colt is shinier!!

In a dream world another Gold Cup Commander would be great, wish I still had the first one. But then it was a museum piece and if I had it today it still would never have been shot.

My 2 cents

Get the Ruger. I own one and its a great gun. My son has a Remington and it is a good gun also. My Ruger is a commander version and is very accurate. I don't think you can go wrong with a Ruger.

I have had 2 bad experiences with Taurus handguns. They may make a good 1911 but I still would shy away due to my bad experience with 2 of there Barrett's 92 knock offs. One the slide flew off at the range. The other was a jamomatic. Couldn't feed a full mag without a jam.

Reactions: Broot
I had my STI Spartan for 4yrs now; no problems and a very good 1911 for the money. For less than $600, excellent out of the box.

Reactions: Broot and jedwil
I'd wait just a little while and buy the Ruger. You could always buy some extra ammo for it now ;)

ATM the Spartan seems to be out of my Price Range. I am on a fixed income. so I have to balance my firearms with all the other bills. That is why the Taurus fits better. Of course I can always put some extra money in the Christmas fund (like the $75 Rebate from RCBS) and squeeze a little more for a extra Special Christmas Present.

My Tisas is good shooting and a lot of fun. I changed grips and had a trigger job. Cheap entry level pistol.
I have heard the Rock Island Arms are very good. Look at some of the other brands.
Between Tarus or Ruger. Ruger everytime.

Reactions: Broot
Question - I'm looking at a custom 1911 a friend of mine is selling. It is a Ed Brown slide with a match barrel, and a Fort Daniles lower all in matched stainless steel.. He had it put together a few years ago by a custom maker and has only used it a few times. Any thoughts on what the values would be and if it is worth buying???

Attachments

I have 2 RIAs (fs & ms) and a Dan Wesson Valor, the RIAs seem to get shot the most. My next 1911 will be the Ruger when my birthday arrives, I really like Ruger products especially their revolvers. The RIAs have a life time warranty but I haven't had to use it in the last 5 years. I don't think you would go wrong with the Ruger.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.