NEW MEMBER IN WYOMING

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by JOHN PIKE, Jan 5, 2017.

1. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Hi John, welcome from Sitka, Alaska.

2. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Hey John! Welcome from the Missouri Ozarks from a former Wyoming resident. Sure miss living there. May I ask where in Wyoming you reside? We were over in Star Valley. I could see the roof of Freedom Arms from my front porch.

crystalphoto and One Shot like this.

3. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Welcome John ...this one comes from Glendale, Arizona and an old naval construction retiree.
    I noted you had posted way back in November...sorry I missed a pronto welcome then...I
    remember Wyoming from an unusual event way back during the Vietnam War...1969...Had
    this young naval Seabee who had reported on board mark up his flak-jacket with a felt-tip
    permanent marker....it was a forbidden thing called 'graffiti on the gear'...well, the 'jackets
    were scarce ...punishment swift, but accepted, so the remarks on the gear remained that,
    WYOMING IS GOD'S COUNTRY... The young offender was a surveyor-draftsman and could
    letter extremely well...it become a standard of discussion amongst the troops....none
    disbelieved for most considered their home states the same...just didn't declare the fact the
    way WYOMING did ....it rather become his nick-name...yeah, I do these long welcomes...enjoy the troops we have on board here.. I'd have proudly served with any and all...chief

crystalphoto and One Shot like this.
  4. JOHN PIKE

JOHN PIKE New Member

I AM IN CHEYENNE

THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017