Opinion on fix / Toss Taurus PT-111 Millennium Ti

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Corvette95, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Corvette95

Corvette95 New Member

Bit for the final time by Taurus, but want to keep this short and get a few opinions. Bought the PT111 2 years +/- ago, shot 2 magazines in that time. Now new house, 5 acres...custom built shooting range. Ran about 7 clips of quality practice ammo though it, slide stick, clip jambs, ammo gets stuck at upwards angle in feeder this is after 2-3 shots. I have tried multiple ammo brands, even non practice ammo. Bought new Taurus non aftermarket clips=no difference. Field stripped it, nothing stands out. Called Taurus, class action lawsuit against this entire line of PT111. No warranty, have to wait until legal proceedings are over then I MIGHT get $200 for a gun I paid $400 for (and now extra $100 for extra clips). Should I take it to a gunsmith or melt it? I have no idea how much a GS would charge but his time alone is probably worth the value of this gun- and its mint in box with paperwork and the Titanium model.

drymag likes this.
  2. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

Mine is about a year old, and I have never had a glitch. Works flawlessly

Gottcha, drymag and dbcooper like this.

3. Corvette95

Corvette95 New Member

you know you can shake the PT111 with the safety on and it will still fire right with it chambered of course. https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

I though it would be a good pistol too and maybe would be lighter on them but had another (different issue) with Taurus on my CT40 G2 I bought from them. Customer service and warranty are non-existent!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
    drymag likes this.
  4. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Really depends on how much you want that Taurus auto. If I liked it I'd find a good smith. If not I'd just hold on to it and see what is worked out on compensation.

drymag, CampingJosh and grcsat like this.
  5. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

Take it to a gunsmith who works on Taurus products. I've never had a problem with Taurus but let's face it you can get a lemon know matter what you buy.

drymag and howlnmad like this.
  6. Corvette95

Corvette95 New Member

Agreed with the lemon, but like I said, had a nightmare with my CT40 too

drymag likes this.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I had a PT111 a few years ago and can truly say that I never had any problem with it. I would also say take it to a gunsmith. If you decide to toss it, I have a trash can you can throw it in.

drymag, Twicepop and gunnut1215 like this.
  8. gunnut1215

gunnut1215 Well-Known Member

Me too, toss it right here. Plenty of room for it.

Gottcha and drymag like this.
  9. CHW2021

CHW2021 Well-Known Member

Too bad you got a lemon. Either shove it in the back of your safe and wait for resolution from Taurus or bring it to a gunsmith who is familiar with Taurus. Maybe some of the gents on this site could help. As it is you have $500.00 tied up in a paperweight, in my opinion that is too much to loose so I would opt for the gunsmith or trade with someone who knows the issues you are having.

drymag and ral357 like this.
  10. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

I've got an empty waste basket you can use...

Gottcha and drymag like this.
  11. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would put it away until the case is settled. This gun looks unsafe.

CrookCountyGO, drymag and Pawpaw40 like this.
  12. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

This

13. gunnut1215

gunnut1215 Well-Known Member

The gun in that video was a different gun. I don't know if the OP was/is having that issue as well. It's a different model pistol altogether.

14. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I'm not a Taurus/Rossi fan for good reasons:
    PT99... rear sight fell off twice until I fixed it myself....still in use by my son (he likes it)

Rossi 22 Gallery gun...Totally inaccurate...SOLD

Taurus Thunderbolt (Colt Lightning Pump clone) in 45LC....would not feed SAMMI spec ammo and obvious rough spot in barrel under machined slot for rear sight...Reloaded shorter ammo and feeding problem resolved...Too pretty to sell

Taurus Model 63 semi-auto....ammo feeding problem I resolved with files and not particularly accurate...Too nice looking to sell and it shoots OK

NO MORE Taurus's for me!!

LDBennett

drymag likes this.
  15. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

At the gun shop where I work, we won't sell any Taurus except the Judge. Past experience is that it's a losing proposition, since we back everything we sell. No parts, lousy customer service and a huge rate of returns compared to other brands makes Taurus a poor item to carry. We do sell the Judge because of the high demand for it, and the fact that this one gun rarely has trouble.

drymag likes this.