The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
I can't get the manage attachments to work, so heres my take.
I have a P13-45 all stainless steel frame and slide, made in Canada years ago.
I've shot many rounds of all kinds of ammo and never had a problem.
It will shot a six inch group at 50 yards.
The only thing I have ever done to it, is replaced the recoil spring with a 22 lb. wolf and rebuilt the mags which are 13 double stack 45's.
I wouldn't even consider selling my Para, although I have 1911's that shoot better but cost a lot more than the Para.
I don't know anything about the modern Para's they make now.
This is just my take, buy what you want too but they carry mighty fine in a soft leather pancake.

I do not have a double stack Para but I do have a new single stack. Fit and finish is excellent and the few rounds that I have shot through it have been spot on. So far the magazines have worked very well. Travis Tomasie shoots for them and is now pushing their customer service. I would not hesitate to purchase a Para USA gun at all. The double stacks from anyone seem to be more picky about feeding that most single stacks. However those that have worked through this and those who never had these issues speak highly of their guns.

"And I have no idea what the one guy that reviewed the guide rod above is talking about when he says it sticks out of the front of the pistol, mine doesn't."
Nice upgrades, GunHugger!

Here's what the guy was talking about.
Full length spring guide through recoil spring cap.:
Auto part Metal

Full length spring guide inside:
Pen

I bought it new so long ago, I don't remember if it came this way or if I had it modified. It sure makes disassembly/assembly a bit tricky.

Hi All
The p12 is my favorite 1911 . It s very accurate.it feeds and shoots all my reloads 175 grain semi wad cutters through to 230 grain full metal jackets . Fit and finish is very good( I don't baby my guns)
Although Para as a company is gone, parts are still available throuigh companies like STI, Rockisland, Wilson Combat, and Brownells. Also there are very good deals to be had on the P12 in used market. John

Have had my p12 since 1996. Best magazines are 12 rd Mecgar magazines. Original factory mags work better with replacements springs from Wolff Springs. Para Ordnance now include them with their current production of guns.
Some of the BEST ADVICE I've gotten on this forum!!! I replaced 4 x 12 round mags (P-12) with these Wolff springs. I was getting a jam every now and then...I suspected the mags. Looking at this picture below, NOW I understand why!
THANK YOU!!!
Wolff on the left, old broken down stock spring on the right.

Attachments

I could be wrong ,but this seems like the ultimate concealed carry 45 , Ive read about it and I like what Ive read, does anybody have one of these? and can you tell me how it shoots and carries?
I have what I call Officers Model P-1245.It is very accurate and I carrycit in a shoulder rig. One of the best little pistols I've ever owned in my 74 years.

I could be wrong ,but this seems like the ultimate concealed carry 45 , Ive read about it and I like what Ive read, does anybody have one of these? and can you tell me how it shoots and carries?
"One of the best pistols I've ever owned in 45 on a short barrel."

I have been a P-12-45 owner for many years. I purchased mine in early 90's and have been cc this weapon ever since. It shoots flawlessly with your stronger loads and aquirering your target is fast and on point.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.