Really disappointed with Henry customer service

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by The Count, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Some one mentioned the quality of the Henrys above, They are a Case Gun at best anymore. They are what you'd call a 50 fter LOL. every one of em I inspected were cheap made and dont get my father talking about quality either cuz he dont have anything nice to say about the Henry's beeing produced these days. I have heard that man cuss them things up one side and down the other, and knowin my day the only reason he didnt break the damn thing was that it belonged to a customer LOL.

2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I bought a Henry Golden Boy a few years back and I am totally satisfied with the quality. I find that the fit and finish are excellent and I expect the rifle to long out live any person on this forum.

3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

we've all seen it so it should come at no surprize .... THE DEATH OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. agreed the person answering the phone didn't have a clue and i also fully agree that it was an impossible question for the company to answer. but the caller as a comsumer/customer should of been directed to someone who could give him the correct information i.e. " all guns like different loads and there are way too many combinations that would alter the guns performance" including weather....

4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Sounds to me like you got the right answers from the get go.
    Which is best? How can that be answered? It all shoots. It's YOUR job to figure out which is best for your rifle.

125 vs 158? Again, that's YOUR opinion.

Reloading for accuracy? Are you serious? Do you really expect Henry to stand behind your experiments?:eek

Henry makes rifles that will shoot factory spec ammo. It's YOUR job to iron out the details for your rifle.

Maybe ya shoulda bought a rifle that cost three times as much. Would they commit to your handloads? Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

Sell your Henry, plunk down 700 bucks on another brand, then ask the same questions of the maker.

Check back later as I'm curious...

5. daniel9ds

daniel9ds Former Guest

I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Daniel from Pennsylvania, US.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Welcome to the party Daniel! I am originally from New Castle but have spent all but one of my 53 years in West Virginia. GO STEELERS

7. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Hi Daniel!

the only gun manufacture i have ever had to recommend a specific ammo for their guns was.....Winchester!!! go figure!! they manufacture the ammo too!!
    of course they said other brands of ammo were acceptable also!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  8. Mangyrangers

Mangyrangers New Member

This has got to be one of the most if not the most idiotic posts I've ever read period to accuse Henry customer service of being mindless robots when they have nothing to do with the ammo itself is just comedy. You need to go out and spend some money and shoot your gun instead of complaining at one of the best Firearms manufacturers with one of the best customer service around. Henry Arms offers lifetime warranties on all their firearms and for you to be upset about them not knowing what kind of ammo you should shoot through your own rifle makes me wonder if you should even have a rifle something tells me you bought the big boy because it was gold and shiny and nothing more. I've had nothing but good luck with Henry's customer service like if one of my stocks gets dinged up I called them and they send me one with no questions you should just give up on Firearms buddy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  9. Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Holy resurrection, Batman!

10. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If there was an award for oldest post resurrected, I think this would win... :)

Welcome to the forum, though calling one of the forum members post "idiotic" in your second post is not a way we do things here. You are welcome to disagree, but we do it civilly.

dbcooper and gunnut1215 like this.
  11. gunnut1215

gunnut1215 Well-Known Member

I agree with crystalphoto. Please feel free to disagree with someone but do it in an adult, respectful manner. We are a family friendly forum that continually prides ourselves on not resorting to trash-talking or name-calling. Do we disagree? Yup. Do we get passionate and heated about subjects? Certainly, but do it like mature, intelligent, and rational adults. I, for one, have said repeatedly that I would have no problems letting my 8 and 10 year old daughters read this forum. So, please, disagree to your heart's content, but keep it family friendly, okay?

By the way, welcome to the best forum on the web.

crystalphoto likes this.
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Now I want to know how good the henrys are as I was going to buy one. I have never heard anything bad before on them. I will start a new thread.

crystalphoto likes this.
  13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You join our forum to open up a six year old thread just to call people names (even if he hasn't been here in two years). WOW, I don't see you lasting very long around here. First post and you already have a warning for language. As gunnut mentioned, this is a family friendly forum and you taking the time to type in bad words is kind of idiotic to me.

I am closing this thread!

Broot and crystalphoto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.