The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Slickguns is advertising a rock island for 370.00. I have 2 rock islands and would recommend them no problem. The one pictured is ultra dependable and has never failed or hickuped. The other is a 22tcm/9mm
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Slickguns is advertising a rock island for 370.00. I have 2 rock islands and would recommend them no problem. The one pictured is ultra dependable and has never failed or hickuped. The other is a 22tcm/9mm View attachment 115212
Glad to see your post!!

Slickguns is advertising a rock island for 370.00. I have 2 rock islands and would recommend them no problem. The one pictured is ultra dependable and has never failed or hickuped. The other is a 22tcm/9mm View attachment 115212
You've been missed, DD. Welcome back.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I appreciate the heads up Double D, but it won't be until summer until I can manage it.

Side note, I haven't seen you around in quite a while... How have you been?

DD, welcome back. Your posts are a sight for sore eyes. Glad to see you back on line.

Nice to see yer still kickin DD.:D

Thinking of picking up a Rock Island, I called up one of my LGS and asked if they carry them. Said they carry them in the $460 range. Being as to how this would be my first 1911 I like to stick to the cheap end before I go paying an arm and a leg for one. Before anyone asks yes I'll make sure it's a .45 ACP.

Couple of questions though. Any issues y'all know about I should watch out for?

What's a GOOD source for grips? I want to find one with an ace of spades it. (in honor of our new president)

What kind of mags do you recommend? Would like to have a few extras (read want several for more shooting time/less reloading time)

Last one. Why have I not bought one sooner?
Wouldn't those grips pay tribute to our last President?? Just Sayin'.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.