The Firearms Forum banner

Sig Saur 1911

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Mick1958 
#1 ·
I just handled one of these for the first time Sunday morning at church. (Yeah, I have THAT kind of church!).
It had a threaded barrel, Omni safety, adjustable trigger, rail, and all in black - looked like powder coat.
What struck me was the weight! I have a regular government issue 1911A1 that I put together from parts over four decades ago which I have replaced the thin plastic grips with thick Oak ones. This Sig weighs a LOT more than mine -
A truly beautiful gun -

#2 ·
I just handled one of these for the first time Sunday morning at church. (Yeah, I have THAT kind of church!).
It had a threaded barrel, Omni safety, adjustable trigger, rail, and all in black - looked like powder coat.
What struck me was the weight! I have a regular government issue 1911A1 that I put together from parts over four decades ago which I have replaced the thin plastic grips with thick Oak ones. This Sig weighs a LOT more than mine -
A truly beautiful gun -
Was it the XO Black? They list a weight of 41.6 oz. with the mag. That is a little heavier. http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-xo-black.aspx

#7 ·
$1,300 (suggested retail) is a little steep for my bank account, but I'm sure it's worth the money.

#14 ·
I have had a Colt 1911 since 1986 that I bought used and made many modifications to it... Namely I made it into a 70 from an 80 to improve trigger consistency. It works great. In the time that has elapsed I got into military rifles and a lot of Glock pistols... Last year I seen the Sig Emperor Scorpion and I could not even sleep thinking about how nice it looks. Pretty lame for an old man to feel that way. So, I gathered up my pennies and bought it. The grips are beautiful (G-10) but after the first 50 rounds I had a blister on my hand from the aggressiveness of the texture. I have seen on some other forums people sand them down to make them less aggressive. I will not. Right out of the box the gun was dead nuts on! Appears to have Novak sites on the rear. I was so impressed that I picked up another the following week I picked up a Nitron... Same thing as far as accuracy. Yet the grips were pleasing to hold. I will probably purchase some aftermarket grips for the Scorpion ... I just wanted to share a 100% satisfaction story about my 1911 experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.