Stay away from I.O. Inc.!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by K75RT, Dec 30, 2010.

1. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Texas Hill Country
    Never heard of 'em. Link to their website doesn't work.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

I assume the first 2 posts are from the same IP?:eek:
    If so I would hesitate to do business with a company that resorts to such a practice. the post from the company would have been well recieved, if it had addressed the OP's origional post...but if the first post is also from that company ...they shot their creditabilty in the leg themselves!

just my 2 cents..:D

3. K75RT

K75RT Member

As I am the original poster let me follow up with I.O. Inc., I got the gun back and took it to the range back in 2011 and the extractor broke, they were MIM extractors, metal injection molded, junk. I contacted I.O. Inc and asked for the new steel extractor they sent me two. The pistol had feeding issues, the feed ramp had more bumps than a country road.. the feed ramp was polished and it'll feed a JHP, now. There was scraping of the top of the barrel caused by burs on the slide the slide was de-burred and the
    barrel hood polished. The issues were with a I.O. Inc. HELLCAT not a Hell Hound which is an AK variant.. the Hellcat is a copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT. Here is a picture of the gun after I finished deburring and polishing and stoning to make it work properly.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    I will stand by my assessment of I.O. and their terrible customer service, their 1st generation HELLCAT was not ready for shipping. When I talked to them they told me that there were updates such as better sights and improved magazines. I asked if I could get a replacement they said "No." So no I.O. Inc. for me... and if they are posting rebuttals under different names from the same address it shows you what they are...Right Uli? Remember we emailed and I told you what I thought of your poor customer service....

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    hellno cat likes this.
  4. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Eastern Missouri
    Thanks for this post. I have been "sorta" looking around for a smaller BUG type pistol and had looked these over for some consideration. I'll certainly pass on them, both for the problems that you had in getting a simple problem taken care of as well as the "hokum" postings. If they have enough time to scour the internet looking for people talking bad about their firearms, they could simply spend that time taking care of the customers instead, then they wouldn't have to worry about the first!!

5. K75RT

K75RT Member

Their site is down probably because of their move from NC to FL. Here is a link to the president of I.O, Inc. website. Ask him why they phantom post on websites and don't take care of quality issues or customer service as needed.... http://ulrichhwiegand.com/

6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Imperial, MO
    Its kinda like bidding on your own auction to jack up the price, kinda shameless in your self proclaimed awesomeness. Let the customers decide if you have improved.

7. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2008
    West Tennessee
    Most interesting -

I just read a bunch of reviews on this pistol at Gandor Mountain site.
    Lots of one star reviews, similar issues as the OP.
    Lots of five star reviews from Bob, Jim, etc. all sounding a LOT alike -

I think I will tip them off to what is going on -

Any company that pulls a con-job like this needs to be avoided at all costs.

8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Looks like a cheap copy of an already cheaply made kel Tec P3aT

9. K75RT

K75RT Member

I was just following up on this old post and came across this site run by I.O and or their owner... Shameless bastigez they are.... http://acp380.com/

10. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    florida
    it does look strikingly similar to a p32 or p3at.

both of which I have. and they work flawlessly.

you pull the trigger and they go bang.

witht he p32 there are some hollowpoint profiles that don't feed as well as others. but it will feed good ones like hydra shocks.. and any ball ammo... even some odd flattened trunicated nose stuff.

regular and extended mags including extended grip mags.

keltec may have made it inexpensively.. but it does work at least..

11. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Moore, Idaho
    I've been thinking of one of those Kel-Tec P3AT's. Not sure I can get my brain to accept a polymer frame though. Maybe I'm weird with this and I'm 'just not up to modern times' when it comes to guns but I do think that the functioning parts that keep allowing it to go bang should be made of some quality metal. Now, if the frame was a solid piece of carbon fiber, that would be different entirely.

12. Swifty Morgan

Swifty Morgan Oumina Sigma Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I carry a Keltec 380 and so does my wife and kid, they are affordable and dependable. The Hellcat is not very popular around here.
    The Colt New Agent 45 is my primary carry though.. no double tap needed.
    These guns are my choice, but there are lots of guns out there just as good or better.

Attached Files:

13. Krowlands4

Krowlands4 New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Hey all I know this post is about the hellcat but I own a sporter rifle made by IO inc and have had it for just over a year and this is the second issue I have had with the rifle. As far as their customer service I would say it's pretty great to have a lifetime warranty but I would also say that thank god they do because you will need it. The photo attached just happened a few hours ago after about 250 rounds the rivets holding the recoil spring and stock in have sheared right off. My first issue with the gun was the bolt was binding up and no reloading it would jam up every 3-4 rounds. I sent it back and 3 weeks later the gun was golden up until today. Now I do also owe a Wasr 10 and have never had any issues despite what some will say about century arms. I am waiting on an email from IO with instructions so that I can send it back. I will let you know when I get the gun back and how everything has worked out.

Attached Files:

14. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    florida
    I got my p3at right here with me in a back pocket holster. works great!

15. K75RT

K75RT Member

KelTec YES! I have a PF-9 and a 2 P-32s all work well.

Krowlands4, your rifle is supposed to be a copy of an AK... looks like they have again screwed up reverse engineering! Watch out for the bait and switch on shipping to IO and back. Thank you for posting, their abysmal quality and poor customer service will be their demise.