The Firearms Forum banner

Well, Now the Wife wants a gun

4K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Designer 
#1 ·
With all the Shootings going on lately, and yes some of them in our neck of the woods, the wife decided she wants to get a gun for her self. She is 58 years old and has never shot a gun in her life. I can give her the gun safety education. I can also give her the education about the basic shooting mechanics, gun maintenance, Loading, unloading, and the differences between the types of guns. I plan on finding an NRA sponsored Firearms course for beginners in our area. As to the type of gun for her to begin with, I want to start her with a revolver instead of a semi auto. She has handled my 24/7 45 (not loaded of course) and says it is too heavy. I mentioned something like a Lady Smith in 38 Special (not even sure they still make it.) but she says that the revolvers scare her. She has been with me when looking at guns before, and is herself leaning towards something in a smaller 380 (she has smaller hands, not tiny but smaller) since she doesn't want a revolver I was thinking of something in a SAO Pistol. Any Recommendations that won't break the Bank? TIA

#31 ·
The Wife and I are taking a couple days run to the coast later today, though she does not know it, we are going to be visiting a few Gun Shops so she can put her hands on a few guns to see what she feels comfortable with. I already figured that I am going to be adding at least one new set of dies to my collection.

Reactions: Broot
#33 ·
Actually, I will be getting a set of dies for 9mm even though I don't presently own one. My newest neighbor shoots 9mm and 40S&W I help him out on the 40 reloading already, I would like to help him out on the 9mm as well. He is a young E4 in the Army expecting his first child in a couple months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.