Worst handgun...

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by greggs, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Blues

Blues New Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Gotta add Raven to that list , better off throwing it at an assailant , more chance of hitting 'em that way.

greggs, rawright54 and drymag like this.
  2. roundball

roundball Active Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The worst pistol was a CZ52. It was huge, well built and sold with a non-functioning safety. That gun was the worst.

greggs and drymag like this.

3. Steveusmc

Steveusmc Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My keltec ph9 and p3at both shoot perfect. The ph9 was a little fussy till I used blaser brass now it eats anything.
    My worst is my Tisas 1911 45, cheap and fun to shoot but I don't trust it.

greggs and drymag like this.
  4. streetbob

streetbob Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    I have a Jiminez JA-Nine and it is for sure the biggest pile o junk in my safe. Only shoots every other time and keyholes what it does shoot.

greggs likes this.
  5. Pawpaw40

Pawpaw40 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    East Texas
    Anyone see or shoot a Clerke revolver? Calling it junk would be an insult to junk.

greggs likes this.
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    florida
    All from the same group of people..

greggs likes this.
  7. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2016
    The worst handgun is the one you left home in the gun safe!

jsjj388, Big Mak and BlackEagle like this.
  8. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Wonderful Wyoming
    While they may not be the worst or unreliable, the "High Point" stable is the hands down winner of the ugliest gun IMO. A guy throws up in his mouth every time he unholsters it....probably frighten the perp into flight without ever firing a shot.

Michael RSAUM likes this.
  9. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    florida
    I've seen more glock failures than high pint failures. And while hp are ugly, they are no uglier than a glock.

rawright54, gvw3 and gdmoody like this.
  10. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman Active Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Ohio
    I didn't read the article...

I have had friends hat bought those little Jennings'; none worked well, all shot powder in your face.

All the keltecs shot without flaw, but only shot a few boxes of ammo each.

I have a 45acp hi-point, it has been flawless; but it is very heavy. If you need to run, the gun will pull your pants down... even when using a heavy duty policemans duty belt.

I'll be buying a S&W SD40 VE for whenever I do carry; because of the affordability, and my trust in S&W.

11. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Berkley, Michigan
    RG should be on the list of bad guns. The machine work was the of worst I have ever seen on a gun and it was German made ???

My shooting buddy when I was in the U.S. Army had a RG 22LR revolver that would spit bullet shavings out from the cylinder/barrel gap on every chamber, yet an RG was used to shoot Reagan.

12. Texas1957

Texas1957 New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Outside of Waco Texas
    My worst handgun was my first .357. A Llama Comanche that the firing pin would stick in the primer locking up the cylinder. Sent it back to manufacturer and after several months it returned with the same problem. Gone and good riddance.

13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    Back in 1967 my brother in law traded his Marlin 60 for a SA 22lr handgun. I don't remember who made it. It was nickel plated and a nice looking gun. You couldn't hit the target from 10 feet away. Back then I was by far the best shot of our group. I couldn't hit the target myself.

14. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Central Florida
    My worst ever gun was a Walther PP by Interarms. The first time I tried to fire it, it jammed so bad I had to take it to a gunsmith to remove the cartridge. He claimed there was a burr on the feed ramp that caused the problem. Not wanting to trust my life with it, I put it in my gunsafe because it was a pretty pistol in stainless. Fast forward 20 yrs. My step daughter got her CCP & I had told her I would give or buy her any gun she liked. I took her to the range with a selection of guns I thought she might handle well. One of them was the Walther. I loaded them all up to let her test fire them. When she fired the first shot from the Walther, it jammed again, & again I couldn't clear it. She ended up with a Lady Smith. The Walther made one more trip, to the gun store where I traded it.

15. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    There is no shame in throwing the gun. If you recall, superman always stood still when shooting the gun but would always duck when throwing the gun, go figure.