You Should Have Seen Them Scatter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firpo, Jan 10, 2017.

1. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    That would be profiling, at least until Jan. 20th.

Bet ya felt better after that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
    joe45c, carver and Broot like this.
  2. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Sitka, Alaska
    Get well and be safe my friend.

carver, BlueDragonLair and Broot like this.

3. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Yorba Linda, Ca
    Ya know what was strange, at least to me. I was totally calm, not scared/afraid nor angry. I simply walked out to deal with the problem. My pulse didn't race even though to me there was a chance I may have had to end someone's life. Not till about five minutes after it was over did I feel an adrenaline rush. Funny feeling as my legs felt as though I'd been on a long run, kind of swollen and a bit numb. Maybe Alaska444 can help explain.

4. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Sad thing is crime is everywhere and doubt it will ever slow up. People just don't respect themselves much less anyone else!
    OKC has had 3 homicides so far this year where our small rural community has only had 2 homicides so far this year. However, not bad for first 10 days of the year.
    Not trying to offend or anger anyone but even at home these days it's not a bad ideal when dressing to go ahead and carry. Course Mama and I ain't spry and require our mobility devices to get around so we might be a bit more concerned about keeping things within reach.

joe45c, jbmid1 and carver like this.
  5. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    That is why I like living on top of a mountain with no neighbors.
    Someone walking in my back yard is someone volunteering to be a moving target for me to practice my shots.
    Mike

6. Firpo

Aug 29, 2013
    Yorba Linda, Ca
    Okay guys I thought you'd appreciate an update. Seeing as one of the little bastards, I guess I don't know for sure if they were bastards or not but I'll just go with that. One of them dropped a glove in my backyard and I decided to stop by the sheriff's department today and see if they wanted it. I Guess somehow I was lost in all the hustle and bustle and after hearing my story the gal up front asked that I hold on that an investigator would like to talk to me. I should note that at 4:45 last night I called them and was told that they got away :mad:. Now the investigator that I met with said they actually caught the guys, was very glad I stopped by, would have loved to have seen their faces when I confronted them and would send a deputy by later today to take some pics of the footprints the poor misguided Hispanic youths left. Seems like my 911 call is what set off the whole capture. Awesome! Having gone through this experience it's comforting to know that I won't panic should it happen again and will be calm and collected. Can't say why I didn't detain Jose but the deputy said since I wasn't in danger it was probably the better choice to let them go and dial 911 just like I did. In the end it all worked out. Thank you Lord.

7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    UK
    Thankful everyone is safe, and that your show of force was all it took to drive them off.

Are they being charged for anything other than tresspass?

8. Firpo

Aug 29, 2013
    Yorba Linda, Ca
    Yes Sir,

Tomorrow they are going to see the judge and be charged with burglary. Apparently they had hit a house in the next street over before I saw them.

9. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I'm real glad I have a housewife. She's home all day, every day. And she knows how to shoot-defend our fort

BlackEagle, howlnmad and crystalphoto like this.